Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COVID----again

Wifey and I each have assigned duties in our household. Medical issues fall into her domain. Hence, if she says "We're getting vaccinated," we do it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm going to slightly amend my previous response. I am done with MRNA shots. I may consider the novavax which is different in many ways from the MRNA shots. The novavax is a protein adjuvant. Vaccines with protein based science have been very effective.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I just emailed my pharmacy and they do not have the vaccine yet but expect to have it by mid September. I'll be waiting at the door

BTW, I have had it twice and got Paxlovid both times. The earlier you get that the better but in both cases the COVID was akin to a cold. I think the fact that I have had all the existing vaccines has a lot to do with that as well.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

my step mom and her hubby just got bake from a small cruise ship. the entire group of people they were with came down with covid. so far my step mom and her hubby just feel like it is a bad cold.
    it's time to change the air in my head

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

That's good news for me. Thanks for posting.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

From Eric's link:

Earlier this month, the health regulator approved updated Covid vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna targeting the KP.2 variant.

JN.1 was the dominant strain in the United States earlier this year. While it is no longer as prevalent, it is estimated to account for 0.2% of cases over a two-week period ended Aug. 31, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s data showed.
    I think I will play the odds on that one
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis