Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID----again

COVID----again

When to get your new vaccine.

Here is a hint----today might be wise
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Nice to know I'm no longer categorized as elderly until I'm over 75.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    Braggart
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

You're the Silent Generation. Behave accordingly and shut up.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You're the Silent Generation. Behave accordingly and shut up.

Hunter
    Yes sir

There does seem to be a resurgence of COVID occurring. I wasn't allowed to visit Mom at her care center for two weeks this Summer - 'cause they were on COVID lockdown.

My take on the effects of COVID is that, if a person is infected with it, they seem to go back fast - like within a week. Wifey and I came back from a cruise with it - according to test results. We didn't have a clue about why or how we got it. Yet, many of the people on our ship did get it. It really seems to be a crap shoot.

Hunter

This is extracted from a front page article in this mornings WSJ:

Among Covid’s superlatives is the blow it dealt to people’s career plans en masse.

Never before have so many Americans redrawn their relationships with work as a result of one public-health crisis. More than four years after the pandemic began, some are still reckoning with how to balance their livelihoods and life with long Covid, the chronic condition doctors are still trying to understand. People at the height of careers in finance, technology and healthcare are operating without clarity on when, or if, they can resume the paths they once laid out.

“Covid just kicked me off the train while it was still moving,” said Amie Pascal, 47, who spent years climbing the ladder at a digital-marketing agency in Oregon before getting long Covid.

Long Covid has pushed around one million Americans out of the labor force, economists estimate. More than 5% of adults in the U.S. have long Covid, and it is most prevalent among Americans in their prime working years. About 3.6 million people reported significantly modifying their activities because of the illness in a recent survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..

Hunter
    Kids..

I'm in the camp that Covid has just become a marketing tool. I'm done getting shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I'm in the camp that Covid has just become a marketing tool. I'm done getting shots.
    I get all my shots updated as necessary when I fill my subscriptions...Medicare gets the bill...Better safe than not......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    X2...
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Man, I've been through 3 Covid vaccinations and don't look forward to a 4th. Why can't we catch things that'll make us better people rather than things that may kill us?

Hunter

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    They had a Doctor on the evening news telling us to get the jab.. and get the flu shot also..

Finally caught Covid around Christmas of 23.. I’ve had every shot and booster.. Covid was like a bad cold..

I’ll be getting both the Covid and Flu jab shortly..

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I get all my shots updated as necessary when I fill my subscriptions...Medicare gets the bill...Better safe than not......Ben
    X2

Elderly. Looking forward to the next round when they become available. At my age why take any chances if I'm going to reach 100 or so.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'