Thread: Herman Miller Aeron Chair..

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..

Herman Miller Aeron Chair..

The used market is flush with used Herman Martin Aeron Chairs.. anyone familiar with what to look for, or avoid on a used one?

It is an excellent chair. They come in three sizes, A, B, and C. You can tell the size of the chair by looking for raised dots or bumps under the top edge of the back frame, directly opposite the Herman Miller logo. You need to see what fits. The biggest "wear" issues are the fabric---look closely for any snags and on the rim of the seat and back---look for cracks or localized discoloring indicating a stress fracture.

I worked closely with Don Chadwick the designer---great designer and a great guy to work with.

Enjoy the ride
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Thanks..
    Had one in my last “real job”.. loved it.. with the advent of teleworking there are a kizillion of them on the used market.. almost all B or C..

And there in lies the malaise that has befallen the office furniture business
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Interesting. I had not heard of these - yet there's a lot of online info addressing their cost, comfort, size and maintenance.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    And there in lies the malaise that has befallen the office furniture business
    Locally office buildings are being converted to apartments/condos.. they are empty..

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Interesting. I had not heard of these - yet there's a lot of online info addressing their cost, comfort, size and maintenance.

Hunter
    IMHO.. the used market here is from “dot com alley”, the high tech offices around Dulles Airport.. As a taxpayer I wouldn’t expect a lot of these chairs in the “low cost bidder “ world..

Ya should have seen the truck loads of office equipment being dumped twenty years ago during the tech bust..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Locally office buildings are being converted to apartments/condos.. they are empty..
    The NYC office space market is a waste land.

Who wants to do business in New York anymore.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Who wants to do business in New York anymore.
    It has been a bit moderated recently by a large influx fleeing the high crime rate and low availability of an educated labor pool in Birmingham.