Thread: Dead at the desk...

Dead at the desk...

Being as this occurred at Wells Fargo Bank (long on my despised list) I wonder whether her final paycheck will reflect the overtime accrued until her body was discovered, or will she be docked for failure to report her own demise without first clocking out......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

How utterly sad---I'm not sure you can blame it on Wells Fargo (although I don't have anything good to say about them either) but I have to wonder what kind of environment exists in that office that not one person talked to that poor lady for four days---and probably gathered round the water cooler to discuss her growing BO problem
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"Hmmm... Doris is asleep at her desk again."
    "Well, her report's still due Friday. I'm not going to help her. She's deadweight as far as I'm concerned."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    0 She's deadweight as far as I'm concerned."

Hunter
    OHHH---BOO HISS
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Well, at least they're thinking of her.

So, let's take a look at a few logical assertions. She was there - which means she came to work by some kind of transportation (there is a slim chance she walked to work). If she had a car - where is it? Did other employees, in particular her boss/coworkers, park in the same lot? If the company has security personnel, why didn't they try and locate the vehicle's owner?

Most E-Mail systems utilized have "tracking" mechanisms which show if the messages have been opened/viewed. If they were intact/operational, did others notice she not only didn't open them, she also did not respond?

When I audited a facility/organization, the first task was to establish who and where the employees are. For, their staff roster/org chart could consist of ghost employees. And the money paid to those employees can be taken, or directed, towards illegitimate projects and/or persons.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead