Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aurora Colorado

Aurora Colorado

There is a developing story in that city where dangerous Venezuelan gangs have taken possession by force and heavily armed gang members two entire apartment buildings. My understanding is they are breaking into the apartments of lawful tenants and forcing them out. I just watched an interview with the mayor and he is taking the position it's a federal problem caused by the border policy. They have also threatened the local police department with armed confrontation. This is a problem my friends.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

...and then again----maybe not.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

What I posted came right out of the mayor's mouth in a live television interview. Apparently some that live there have different views. I'll take the mayor as a reliable source. Also there are ample videos that I have reviewed that show individuals with high powered rifles and guns breaking into the apartments.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

And here is the interview of the mayor.

https://x.com/BehizyTweets/status/18...432471614?s=19

Best comment from site: "Send them to hell on a mega bus."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Most interesting.. I will have to research this..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Most interesting.. I will have to research this..
    Please fill us in when you're finished I would like to hear your opinion.

From what I have read, the whole thing is vastly exaggerated.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That is exactly my take as well.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If it's exaggerated, so be it, The mayor is the one doing it.

And, they have a city councilman down playing it. Who knows what's really going on? I suspect that there would be a lot more noise if it was a major event.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The police aren't playing the same tune either

Colorado Governor calls it "imagination".

Scottsdale has had a rash of Crime Tourism in the last year or so. They hit the nice houses that back up to golf courses and strike when the owners go out to dinner (named the dinner time bandits- brilliant). They use WiFi jammers to disable the security systems and head straight to the master bedroom/ bathroom. Small valuables for an easy get away on the golf course or through the desert...

Organized by Venezuelan gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Scottsdale has had a rash of Crime Tourism in the last year or so. They hit the nice houses that back up to golf courses and strike when the owners go out to dinner (named the dinner time bandits- brilliant). They use WiFi jammers to disable the security systems and head straight to the master bedroom/ bathroom. Small valuables for an easy get away on the golf course or through the desert...

Organized by Venezuelan gangs.
    You sure you didn't just make this up