Thread: I knew I liked living here

I knew I liked living here

Livermore ranked 19th safest suburb in the US

https://patch.com/california/livermo...burbs-us-study
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Wow that's an incredibly low number.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Wow that's an incredibly low number.
    And as Eric has alluded to in the past, 35 miles west it's like entering a third world country after the Apocalypse...Why the difference?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    And as Eric has alluded to in the past, 35 miles west it's like entering a third world country after the Apocalypse...Why the difference?......Ben
    But they have great Chinese food.. and sourdough bread.

Nice to see Mountain View, where I graduated high school, on the list. All the communities in that area overlap each other - which suddenly matters when you try to find a specific address amongst a cacophony of them.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Spring, TX has the lowest rate of property crimes. Located in Harris County, Spring sees only five property crimes reported for every 10,000 residents.
    Not surprising since our own Cap'n Mike made his home there...If the hoodlums ever find out he's left for the greener pastures of East Texas, some of the dumber ones may think they've got an easy payday......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Mountain range and we have well funded police departments and LPR{Lic Plate Reader} units on every street leading into town and at all shopping center driveways which are tied into high def cameras. If an LPR gets a hit ( plate is on BOLO list, or listed as stolen), it triggers the cameras in the travel direction and it pops up on a police dispatchers screen and the cops are on them in seconds, Bad boys have figured out that there is a high risk of a fun time at Santa Rita Jail if they come here.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Such amenities are no doubt not cheap, Eric...I suppose the priority of where the civic bucks get spent depends on who is in charge of the town - the good guys or the bad guys...It looks like wiser heads prevailed in Livermore over Oakland......Ben

Such amenities are no doubt not cheap, Eric...I suppose the priority of where the civic bucks get spent depends on who is in charge of the town - the good guys or the bad guys...It looks like wiser heads prevailed in Livermore over Oakland......Ben
    Federal Grant Money and yeah we are middle of the road conservative here. Leave me alone we leave you alone. not many on the far right or left around here. Mostly Anglo, Indian. and hard working Latino here.