Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can I say

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    More pondering….

The Skipper probably has minimal small arms training..

He knows not to point the weapon at anyone or anything so.. the weapon is always pointed out to sea.. the only visual sight reference “out to sea” is the ocean and the sky.. (remember, the Skipper has probably never done this before) so, how different is the view of the ocean or the sky from different ends of the scope? View different enough to raise a question when the Skipper’s intent is probably to participate in an activity with the crew (be one of the guys) (protocol would have him defer expertise to the Weapons department (Gunners Mates))

Just a thought..

I'm betting the Commander was not fired due to Weapon Sight Gate. But, it is possible & probable it did draw some attention to him. And, taking a look at his role/duties caused other shoes to drop.

I've been through a handful of career reviews after allegations were made against me. The toughest one for me to deal with was due to an anonymous complaint made against me for inappropriate sexual behavior with staff. I acted like it didn't bother me - though I was very embarrassed by the allegations. And, it hurt that someone would do that to me. Fortunately, an investigation showed I was innocent. And, as if some Karmic Wheel of Justice were involved, my administrators promoted me the day after the investigation report was released.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'm betting the Commander was not fired due to Weapon Sight Gate. But, it is possible & probable it did draw some attention to him. And, taking a look at his role/duties caused other shoes to drop.
    I agree that when the facts are made public, this will be the case......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yes. As I indicated upstairs, the day will come when the Fat Lady sings.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead