Thread: Hunter Biden To Plead Guilty

Hunter Biden To Plead Guilty

https://nypost.com/2024/09/05/us-new...evasion-trial/

He will, "...take the rare Alford plea — a legal maneuver in which a person pleads guilty while maintaining innocence."

Acceptance of the plea still must gain approval of the judge.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Needs to get it all done in a hurry so he can get pardoned before his dad leaves office.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Well, it isn't over till the fat lady (or judge) sings. Prosecutors are asking the judge to reject the plea.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Some judges abhor Alford pleadings. It's pretty tough road to hoe to get one of those through.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This is the first I've heard of it.

Initially my thoughts were it shouldn't impact sentencing. But, on the other hand, perhaps they (judge and/or prosecutors) believe it's important for him to admit he's guilty, rather than be simply responsible. Frankly put, they may believe he did these things egotistically - thinking he deserved them.

Hunter

The standard for an Alford plea is that you must agree that the prosecution has enough evidence to convict but you continue to allege your innocence. I will stay it again he wants the case to come to conclusion before his dad is out of office so that he can be pardoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I will stay it again he wants the case to come to conclusion before his dad is out of office so that he can be pardoned.
    Didn't Gerald Ford pardon Richard Nixon for any crimes he might have committed in office?...Is a conviction mandatory before a pardon can be granted?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

You know Ben I'm not sure, but I am sure that by whatever mechanism Hunter will be pardoned or commuted.

I guess the larger question is whether President Biden can string together enough coherent words to pardon his son and keep him out of the hoosegow before he slips on down the primrose path......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I guess the larger question is whether President Biden can string together enough coherent words to pardon his son and keep him out of the hoosegow before he slips on down the primrose path......Ben
    He's not doing any of it anyway. I'm sure he's got staff that can prepare the proper documents and hold his hand while he signs it. I said this before and I'll say it again I truly feel sorry for him. He has a bad disease and it is terrible.

Let's not assume his replacement will be better.

Hunter

If I was the judge I'd delay an opinion until Feb '25....

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    If I was the judge I'd delay an opinion until Feb '25....
    . Early January.. need the pardon to work its way through the system before the system is overloaded with January 6th pardons..

Re: guilty plea…. Yes, there is a reason.. probably that they didn’t want certain evidence made public..

General pondering: those of us that do not have a totally F Ued, drug addicted kid will never really know what is going on.. fortunately..