Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politics make strange bed fellows

Politics make strange bed fellows

And she suddenly is supporting Kamala.

https://x.com/miketc69/status/1831583411724808506?s=19
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's possible Cheney is supporting Harris due to her distain for 45 rather than for political reasons.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It is sad how many "rino conservatives" are unable to comprehend the entire issue of principles and character and see the world through only one lens----if it ain't maga red it ain't nothin.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Actually I was pointing out Liz Chaneys hypocrisy which doesn't speak well for her own character.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Right
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dave when you come on here with such vitriolic language about people you don't agree with it's really not an effective way of communicating. I'm sure you understand that at least 50% of the country disagree with you and they're not all stupid. On here I have tried very hard to make my points without condemning the other side. Everybody has their own right to feel like they want to. Many people here disagree with me and they let me know it. I disagree with them and I try to support my positions. In other words cut the ugly attacks on people who disagree with you.

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

So the Chaneys hate Trump. They just joined the crowd of millions of others that will be voting for Kamala to vote against Trump.

I think it's not so much hating Trump. It's loving the Republic, the constitution and the rule of law, we call it Democracy and we want our leaders to follow that path. Trump as shown that he would do otherwise.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I thinks it's not so much hating Trump. It's loving the Republic, the constitution and the rule of law, we call it Democracy and we want our leaders to follow that path. Trump as shown that he would do otherwise.

I won't argue that point. But I do continue to maintain My point that many people who would not ordinarily vote for a candidate like Kamala and the things she stands for because of Trump and the things he stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I won't argue that point. But I do continue to maintain My point that many people who would not ordinarily vote for a candidate like Kamala and the things she stands for because of Trump and the things he stands for.
    fair enough

This is not all that different than when a number of extended family members of waltz came out in support of Trump. It wasn't covered by the mainstream media like when RFK's family came out against him and when Trump's sister coming out against him. But the story is true.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    This is not all that different than when a number of extended family members of waltz came out in support of Trump. It wasn't covered by the mainstream media like when RFK's family came out against him and when Trump's sister coming out against him. But the story is true.
    Waltz and family are from Nebraska.. pretty red out there on the Prairie…. And I saw the coverage on MSNBC..

Well glad you saw it on MSNBC. What do you think about it are they all liars. Actually the folks I'm talking about are from Florida including his brother.

I'm sure you understand that at least 50% of the country disagree with you
    Not so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture .png 
Views:	9 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	40398

In reality only a little over half of the eligible people voted and of them less than half voted for trump---that means in simple terms only 1/4 voted for trump (or biden).