Thread: Hello down there

Hello down there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	head in the sand.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	40397

Moven on up.

The 2024 northern summer saw the highest global temperatures on record, beating 2023's high and making this year likely Earth's hottest ever recorded, the EU's climate monitor said Friday.

The data from the Copernicus Climate Change Service followed a season of heatwaves around the world that scientists said were intensified by human-driven climate change.

Extreme weather struck around the globe -- with some 1,300 dead during extreme heat at the hajj in Mecca, intense heat testing India's economy and electric system, and wildfire raging in parts of the western United States.

"During the past three months of 2024, the globe has experienced the hottest June and August, the hottest day on record, and the hottest boreal summer on record," Samantha Burgess, deputy director of Copernicus, said in a report.

"This string of record temperatures is increasing the likelihood of 2024 being the hottest year on record."
    No worries---this is just a natural cycle------isn't it?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm curious if Bo is feeling the heat this season. Phoenix/Scottsdale, where a sister lives, just set a new record for having 100F days for 100 days straight (but it's a dry heat).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Amount of rain this way just east of Phoenix, is what you would get after rinsing a cup out and watching the last few drops drip out. So far I feel lucky with one of the few wells in the area that can get water for the few trees in the front yard.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'