Thread: I am both shocked and encouraged

I am both shocked and encouraged

I had my problems with Dick Cheney during GWB's Presidency but I am shocked at this, I am very happy to hear it.

Former Republican Vice President Dick Cheney will vote for Kamala Harris, his daughter Liz Cheney, a former U.S. representative, said at The Texas Tribune Festival on Friday.

Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican, also endorsed Democrat Colin Allred in his race to beat Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.

Liz Cheney endorsed Harris earlier this week at Duke University. She has been one of Donald Trump's chief critics, calling the former Republican unfit for office since the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

“Dick Cheney will be voting for Kamala Harris,” she said of her father, who served as vice president under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2009. “If you think about the moment we’re in, and you think about how serious this moment is, my dad believes — and he said publicly — there has never been an individual in our country who is as grave a threat to our democracy as Donald Trump is.”
    There still are people around that uphold their principles
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

and here it is from Dick Cheney. I never thought I would find myself in total agreement with him. seriously never

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/06/polit...ent/index.html
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    As for Chaney and McCain supporting Kamala.. it’s the Popeye management style.. “that’s all I can stands, I can’t stands no more”..

The big unknown is.. just how many people are going to show their dislike for the Trump style in the voting booth that will not verbalize the same to their Bubbas at the VFW.. there will be some, just how many???

Wonder how Mike Pence is voting…

With the current SCOTUS a lot of more radical left issued are rendered moot..

As I've stated elsewhere, this Presidential Election is a big deal. I didn't watch during the last cycle but am looking forward to this one. This time we'll find out if Americans want a Democracy. I'm betting they do.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead