Thread: If you can't run with the big dog---stay on the porch russki

If you can't run with the big dog---stay on the porch russki

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That's a good one.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Looked like he dropped back to get better air. Wonder where the camera man was standing?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Man, the Blackbird is a gorgeous plane.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Heck, I didn't even know they were still in service.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I think that's a computer simulation from a video game...I've been seeing a lot of those on YouTube, some more realistic than other...Fred's suggestion of the camera vantage point is the tipoff...Only once has a Russian interceptor even got close enough to striking distance...And the resulting indirect hit only left scorch marks on the surface...Then think where this encounter might have taken place...Over the ocean?...SU-27's can't carry enough fuel to get there and back...Over Russian territory?...The air would have been alive with SAM's, no place a SU-27 driver would want to be within 3 oblasts of...

By the time the SR-71 was detected over Russkie land, and SAM's were launched against it, the mission was already over and the boys were on their way home...More than 4000 missiles were fired at Blackbirds during their tenure, and only one got close enough to leave a mark, as mentioned above......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Heck, I didn't even know they were still in service.
    They aren't, satellites do the same job cheaper......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Let this serve as a reminder that what we see is not always true. The technology these days can make things look very realistic.