Thread: Texas sues to stop a rule that shields the medical records of women

Texas sues to stop a rule that shields the medical records of women

who seek abortion elsewhere.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas has sued the Biden administration to try to block a federal rule that shields the medical records of women from criminal investigations if they cross state lines to seek abortion where it is legal.

The lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services seeks to overturn a regulation that was finalized in April. In the suit filed Wednesday in Lubbock, Republican state Attorney General Ken Paxton accused the federal government of attempting to “undermine" the state’s law enforcement capabilities. It appears to be the first legal challenge from a state with an abortion ban that took effect after the U.S. Supreme Court's 2022 ruling that overturned Roe v. Wade and ended the nationwide right to abortion.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

One wonders when people will get out of other people's records. I fear that there could be a bigger change in this election of some candidates. Maybe be safe because of the district but for how long.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

That's just ridiculous what an overreach
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Wifey is livid regarding this issue. "Why do Republicans think they can tell me what to do with my body?" It results in me assuring her voters aren't stupid. There are good Republicans. We shall soon see if I'm right or not.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I think that there may be many more women who think as Ms U thinks.. and they won’t actually say anything until they have a ballot to say it with..

We shall have a front row seat.

It's been interesting to see how the election process rolls out in other countries. I think the USA is one of the best, with regular updates and ongoing expert analysis. And we've got coverage for both sides of the aisle to follow. That doesn't mean we're anywhere near perfection. But I do feel our press does attempt to do a decent job of it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead