Thread: I guess putting 10 Commandments in school wasn't the answer.

I guess putting 10 Commandments in school wasn't the answer.

Just my opinion is don't think that is working. Maybe a safer environment would have done more.

Don't have an answer.......
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Wifey and I have spent considerable time in Catholic, LDS, and Methodist schools. The kids in those schools were typical kids - no better or worse than others.

One thing I did like about many of the schools were their dress uniforms. It took all the uppity social status stuff out of the mix.

By the time I hit High School, we were able to wear Jeans to school. Yet, kids being kids, there were only two acceptable brands in the 70s - Levis and Wayfarers. And, depending on which group you belonged to, your friends would wear the same brand.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You should learn your manners and how to treat people from the home. You should learn your values from the home. Apparently that's not happening to any degree of success.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It is happening with two of my nephews. It's simple: Home-schooling. They do a mixed study program with their kids, wherein twice a week, the kids go to the local public school for joint sessions with other local children. The parents do that to give the children social skills they need. When tested, their five children have scored in the top 10% of their classes (it helps that my Nieces and Nephews excelled in public school/college as well).

I was the first one of my family to attend and graduate college. Neither my Father nor Mother could tell you what I did in college. It's not what they're into and they can't understand why I did it for ten years.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead