Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Great debate

The Great debate

Or maybe the not so great debate. I thought vice president Harris did a good job. I thought Trump looked tired and bit on her attempts to inflame him. Overall, I don't think much was to be gained by these debates it was fairly predictable. I did sence some degree of bias by The ABC folks who did conduct the debate. I base out on the fact that they were fact checking Trump in real time, but did not appear to do the same on Kamala. They both lied their ass off several times. All in all I don't think there was much to gain by it. They are what they are and people are going to vote the way they're going to vote. Purely on debate performance and not content I would have to give the win to Kamala.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This was the best:

https://x.com/SociopathicCrab/status...d-ohio-1951485

I heard he's POed the Hatians living in FLA. Not a good thing IMHO.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    He woofed the chum but didn’t take the serious bait.. she was more inclusive ..

Fact check: she stretched some numbers.. he out and out lied, killing live born babies.. emptying jails and mental institutions by sending the inmates to us.. not the worst inflation (1946: 18%) ..

Political theatre..

Unfortunately.. there are people who believe exactly what was said..

I'm betting the debate does not significantly change nor impact 45's or Harris's base. What I'm expecting to see is slight improvement in Independent & previously Undecided voters for Harris.

Personally, I've been dismissive of 45's political talent and abilities in prior threads. That ends today. You see, my dogs and cats aren't just pets. They're more like furry children - and I love each one very much. I'll get many additional years to love them by keeping them inside, rather than letting them out. That's due to 45's thoughtful warning that immigrants will catch and eat them. I pay my debts and will vote accordingly.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

We were once a great country admired by most and these bafoons are the best we can find to run it now??? Sad.

I watched "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly" last night...Looks like you guys missed the good part......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1726059700776.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	40404
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I watched "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly" last night...Looks like you guys missed the good part......Ben
    Not me my friend----I turned it on a little after it began to see trump answering some unknown question with a rant of lies and 30 seconds after arrival I was gone

Latter, when it was over I thought I would listen to the early commentary. Fox was a non-starter, CNN lasted about 30 seconds and was a love feast, MSNBC was close to the same---and I was back to The Impossible Dr. Pol

I figured the cats and dogs were safe with Dr Pol----I can't stand animal cruelty
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Two issues will determine who is president. Immigration and abortion. The economy will be an issue but I don't think as big as those two.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Dave, sorry you missed the start. Old Don was completely off his game when Kamala walked way over to him and offered her hand. and all he could was shake it. Putty from there out in her hands. Fox was so rattled that they didn't know what to do.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

What was he suppose to do with an offered hand? Kiss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What was he suppose to do with an offered hand? Kiss it?
    I wouldn't kiss any part of that skank...I value my lips more than that......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Now Now Ben, least you get a lecture on your speech
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Dave, sorry you missed the start. Old Don was completely off his game when Kamala walked way over to him and offered her hand. and all he could was shake it. Putty from there out in her hands. Fox was so rattled that they didn't know what to do.
    It was pretty funny.. slick move..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Now Now Ben, least you get a lecture on your speech
    You're right of course...My apologies to all the other skanks on the planet...I never intended to demean their integrity by the unfortunate association with either of the skanks in question......Ben