Thread: Well I see Swift came out after the election.....

Well I see Swift came out after the election.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c89w4110n89o

Taylor Swift endorsed Kamala Harris for president moments after the end of Tuesday night's presidential debate against Donald Trump.

The pop star made her announcement in an Instagram post signed as "Childless Cat Lady" - a reference to comments by Trump's running mate JD Vance.

Her post, breaking her silence on the 2024 vote, explained: "I'm voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them."

Swift, who also backed Democratic President Joe Biden in 2020, went on to call Harris a "steady-handed, gifted leader".
    Kind of expected it though.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Well that's it, I'm voting Harris.

I think Taylor Swift is one of the best songwriters and individual artists of a generation. However, I disagree with her politics. Doesn't change my view of her as an artist.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I happened to be in Philadelphia on a day when there was a Taylor Swift concert, I was taken by surprise that the "swifties" all dress similarly, it is as if they were in uniform.

So, the apparent fact that many of them immediately ran off to register to vote should not come as a surprise. Another cult I imagine
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think Taylor Swift is one of the best songwriters and individual artists of a generation. However, I disagree with her politics. Doesn't change my view of her as an artist.
    She also maintains a persona free of the “public embarrassment “ that plagued some of her peers

Have never heard of her acting in a manner that would be embarrassing if a niece or daughter were to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    She also maintains a persona free of the “public embarrassment “ that plagued some of her peers

Have never heard of her acting in a manner that would be embarrassing if a niece or daughter were to do it.
    She's a good PA Dutch girl
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis