Thread: A vast improvement...

A vast improvement...

In just about everything except looks......

The new mail truck...And it's even air condirioned!......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I read that this morning---surely a vast improvement over that tin box they drive now.

And--it's made by Oshkosh by gosh

The article did not mention the maker of the gas engine:
    The engine is a Ford EcoBoost 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder gasoline engine. The EcoBoost has a peak output of 250 horsepower at 5,500 RPM and 275 lb⋅ft at 3,000 RPM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The engine in the tin box is a a derivative of the old GM Iron Duke, practically indestructible......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Not only that it gets an amazing 9 mpg
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Man, replacing that huge windshield would be extraordinarily expensive.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Man, replacing that huge windshield would be extraordinarily expensive.

Hunter
    Just cleaning it in lovebug season would be a chore......Ben

It went through the ugly line three times.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Used to drive one of these back in the day. http://www.onallcylinders.com/wp-con...Jeep-DJ-5A.jpg

This was fun also. https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/upl...s-l1600-41.jpg

This came on later. https://www.motorbiscuit.com/wp-cont...pg?w=902&h=601

For delivering package and catalogs(Sears, Wards, and Penny's) I was driving an older version of this. https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/usa-...s-40952676.jpg

Those were fun days back in my youth.

I would think that they would come up with something like the China BYD's. Electic motor for generator and one/two motors for power. https://technode.com/2024/05/14/five...-pickup-truck/

(..... The Shark will share the latest DMO (dual-mode off-road) plug-in hybrid EV platform with the dual-motor Bao 5 SUV, which uses a 1.5/2.0-liter high-performance petrol engine and delivers a combined output of more than 500 kW. BYD will also likely use high-quality materials and modern equipment in the truck to provide a high-spec cabin similar to that of its sibling, featuring the likes of advanced LED displays for infotainment and a large-sized head-up display unit to provide real-time information to drivers....)

Something I think Stellantis is bring out in the 25 edition of Dodge.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Our letter carrier is using the third boxy option shown. She keeps the door open during the Summer like it's a huge vent.

Hunter