Thread: Not funny

Exclamation Not funny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	40415

He has already ruined the Republican Party---he cannot be allowed to ruin the United States of America
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It has been interesting, as well as educational, to see how the last two presidential debates impacted the political landscape. The first debate resulted in Biden's political retirement. We're still seeing fallout from the second debate and may need to await further polling and/or analysis to see the full impact of it.

My point: This presidential election cycle may prove to be one wherein debates substantially & significantly changed the outcome of U.S. presidential history.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My point: This presidential election cycle may prove to be one wherein debates substantially & significantly changed the outcome of U.S. presidential history.
    As they should! The debates can (and should) cast the players in a different realm. They are not in full control and are expected to "think on their feet" and demonstrate their mastery of the issues that they will have to deal with. So far these events have not always lived up to those expectations, however an insightful result might be found in how poorly they answer.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...an insightful result might be found in how poorly they answer...
    Exactamundo.

This election cycle, the focus has been about who lost the debate, and the impact of what that loss entails. Simply put, I like it. It means the Press and our fellow Americans are paying attention to Presidential debates. It's a healthy process I hope to see occur each election cycle.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"