Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pope: Harris & Trump Against Life

Pope: Harris & Trump Against Life

“One should vote, and choose the lesser evil,” he said. “Who is the lesser evil, the woman or man? I don’t know.
    “Everyone in their conscience should think and do it,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...d=BingNewsSerp

Hmmm... deciding which politician is a lesser evil.... this could take a bit of time.

Harris is a Baptist. 45 identifies as a, ‘Non-denominational Christian.’

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

For once I agree with the pope
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I was amazed when Pope Francis announced he would tour Asian countries nonstop. That's a formidable task for a 87-year-old man to accomplish - particularly as his health is iffy.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I was amazed when Pope Francis announced he would tour Asian countries nonstop. That's a formidable task for a 87-year-old man to accomplish - particularly as his health is iffy.

Hunter
    Maybe he read your sigline......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    This is a big deal.. the Pope has been 100% against abortion and birth control.. for ever..

For the Big Papa to go the lesser of two evils approach means that Trump is doing something the the Pope doesn’t like..

This is a big deal.. I have never seen the pro abortion candidate presented as an option.. never..

The Pope is facing the same quandary as many of us are

trump might profess being closer to the Pope's wish regarding abortion but how could he support anyone so morally bankrupt as trump
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 09-14-2024 at 11:11 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The Pope is facing the same quandary as many of us are

trump might profess being closer to the Popes wish regarding abortion but how could he support anyone so morally bankrupt as trump
    I haven't a clue?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    This is a big deal.. the Pope has been 100% against abortion and birth control.. for ever..

For the Big Papa to go the lesser of two evils approach means that Trump is doing something the the Pope doesn’t like..

This is a big deal.. I have never seen the pro abortion candidate presented as an option.. never..
    Actually, Trump supports abortion just not to the degree that Harris does. If you're looking at purely abortion it could be that the Pope is indicating that Trump is the lesser of two evils.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Actually, Trump supports abortion just not to the degree that Harris does. If you're looking at purely abortion it could be that the Pope is indicating that Trump is the lesser of two evils.
    That’s not what he said (lack of / refused an answer in the debate..

He has stated repeatedly that he is not against abortion with conditions. He has made it clear that he is against the late term abortions, he has stated he is in favor of abortion in the case of rape, incest or the health of the mother. He is also stated that the states have the ability to set the conditions of abortions in their own states.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    That’s not what he said (lack of / refused an answer in the debate..
    Yeah just like when Kamala was asked if she was in favor of late term abortions and she never answered the question.

If you read the comments made by the Pope, you will find out exactly what his primary problem is with trump---and it is not abortion.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm betting significant numbers of American females, in record numbers, will vote in this Presidential election cycle. The old saying that, "Hell hath no fury like..."

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'm betting significant numbers of American females, in record numbers, will vote in this Presidential election cycle. The old saying that, "Hell hath no fury like..."

Hunter
    ...and may they vote early and vote often

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    If you read the comments made by the Pope, you will find out exactly what his primary problem is with trump---and it is not abortion.
    Yes when I read it it seemed as he was saying one of them was evil for their stance on immigration and the other one was evil for their stance on abortion. So in my opinion he had a primary problem with both of them.