Thread: Beware---property under 24 hour surveillance of mean guard dog

Exclamation Beware---property under 24 hour surveillance of mean guard dog

....and he's got an attitude: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ibVuVzASyys

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I hang around my friends vet clinic. I'm just glad that Chihuahuas don't weigh a hundred pounds
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

They can be somewhat aggressive.

A Chihuahua from next door was in my yard this week and decided I was the enemy. The little bastard latched onto my pants leg with his teeth. Being the neighbor is my friend, I didn't overreact and continued raking up leaves - dragging him around. After a few minutes he decided I'd had enough and let me loose. Just as he did that, Wifey hit him with water from a hose. He yelped and ran home - and hasn't returned since.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My wife and I occasionally will watch the cable program the Incredible Dr. Pol. Few dogs get muzzled---but Chihuahuas are muzzled as a matter of practice

Back many years ago I was assigned to be the part time Borough Engineer in a small town near Philadelphia. I was surveying two intersecting streets and working near their intersection for a few mornings in a row. The mail carrier would make his deliveries and in one house with a fenced yard he would go in---and immediately be charged by the resident Chihuahua---for which the carrier was prepared and hit him with a generous stream of pepper spray. The dog would cry out and start wiping his eyes with his front legs----as the carrier exited with a smile.

I asked him how long the dog had been doing that and he said----years! Apparently he thought the can would eventually get empty
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 09-15-2024 at 09:36 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dr. Pol is an excellent reality show series. Wifey has seen all of 'em (which means I have as well).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Dr. Pol is an excellent reality show series. Wifey has seen all of 'em (which means I have as well).

Hunter
    I often get angry watching that. I was raised on a "progressive" farm with a variety of livestock. We also had our very similar form of Dr. Pol. Dr. Pol is routinely called on to treat problems that either should never have occurred or the farmers should be capable of treating themselves.

Just one example, hoof rot. We never called our vet to treat a cow for hoof rot. We had, on hand "Dr. Pratts grey powder" (Dr. Pols copper sulfate) and my father treated an infected cow immediately when detected. We had 100+ calves and 300-400 lambs born yearly, I never saw a prolapsed uterus in a cow and only a few in sheep. When it did happen---we repaired it. We seldom had to pull a calf but did pull many lambs---something I was commonly called to do when I was young because of my smaller hands----and I had been taught what to do. The breed of sheep that we had (Montadale) most often had 2 or 3 lambs which made assisting in birth rather common. Pulling live lambs has it's own rewards

The ineptness of so many of those farmers angers me---they should not be aloud to have livestock

Added to that---the squalid conditions many of those animals are subject to