Thread: I have some concern

I have some concern

About The possibility that the Biden administration is going to escalate the war in Ukraine by providing long-range missiles. I don't think a lame duck president should be tinkering with what could happen with that move.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Lame Duck status actually frees Biden to do what he wants to do. Strategically, Harris would be wise to distance herself or go on record against such a move. Hence, Biden exits with a cloud over his head. He has nothing to lose at this point - after resigning under pressure to do so.

Personally, I agree with arming Ukraine. However, we are often wary (as we should be) of giving combatants weapons that can be used against us during, or after, current conflicts. With highly technical weapons (e.g., planes, missiles, et al.) I recommend we build in backdoor sabotage abilities. In other words, we modify them to shut down after a set period of time or after an electronic signal we possess is broadcast.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I have a far bigger concern---if trump gets in Ukraine will be strangled and putin will have his way with them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Ahhh... yes. Art Of The Deal, 1987.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Lame Duck status actually frees Biden to do what he wants to do.
    Exactly the last thing I want to happen is a cognitively deficient lame duck president starting world war III
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Your description fits Biden and 45 as well.

Hunter

Bingo
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Lol except Biden is on the verge of doing this and Trump is not. That's a stretch for even you ute