Thread: I'm worn out!

I'm worn out!

I made 2 NY Strip, grass fed steaks to night for dinner I gnawed about 1/2 way through it (barely Med Rare) and my wife did the same. I'm tired

These were on sale in a mediocre level store---supposed to be $7.99/lb for porterhouse or t-bone. As is their custom they were "out" but they did have NY Strips for $9.99/lb and she bought them

Now make no mistake, a NY Strip is not the most tender cut on a cow---but this thing was bullet proof. Flavor was ok---but that was the end of the "ok".

I am at a lose as to where the current devotion to grass fed beef comes from I'm back to a more "balanced diet"

My wife and I went to Cattlemen's in Dallas for dinner the night we got engaged. We both had steak---and it sucked. It was the next thing to shoe leather. I came to find out that good steak was close to nonexistent in Texas----because there was a lack of feed lots that could feed corn

I feel bad for that poor animal that gave up it's substance for our dinner---never having had an enjoyable meal
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I rely upon the butchers at our local grocery store. They've been very helpful by telling me which beef cuts they recommend. I'm betting that when we do this regularly, they continue to pay attention to where the beef comes from - particularly what it's been fed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead