Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once again

Once again

Somebody tries to take Trump out. This is frightening. How long is it going to take for some nutcase on the other side of politics to try something.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'll wait and see what the suspect is, was, and why. Who knows maybe he was hunting ducks.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Thanks for the link. The functional illiterate need all the help they can get
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    I'll wait and see what the suspect is, was, and why. Who knows maybe he was hunting ducks.

You know you may be right, I wasn't thinking about that it is dove season most everywhere. Not many of those hunters use high-powered rifles but you never know.

Sarcasm does not become you Fred .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    You know you may be right, I wasn't thinking about that it is dove season most everywhere. Not many of those hunters use high-powered rifles but you never know.
    Seems they id the guy. Sounds as nutty as Trump from what they posted about his on line stuff. They say he is a dem and gave a few hundred to one of the causes. Maybe they'll may wind up in the same cell together, but who knows?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Seems they id the guy. Sounds as nutty as Trump from what they posted about his on line stuff. They say he is a dem and gave a few hundred to one of the causes. Maybe they'll may wind up in the same cell together, but who knows?
    It seems to me that any right thinking American citizen would be appalled that the former President United States has endured two assassination attempts in a matter of months. It's clear to me that there are members here that do not share my sentiment.

Keep in mind Ford survived two assassination attempts in 18 days.

Unfortunately, we can likely expect more attempts the closer we get to election day.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That makes me feel better that Trump is not the only one that has a second attempt on his life.

In a historical sense, it might behoove any candidate to carry notes for any planned speeches of the day in a pocket...They might come in handy......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Teddy was one tough nut. We could use a few more like him.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Teddy was one tough nut. We could use a few more like him.

Hunter
    True enough...That bullet stayed under his skin not only long enough to finish his planned speech, but until he was buried with it...That piece of lead was safer inside him than it could ever have been in any other target......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Yes, and also as was mentioned at the press conference that is going on at this moment that the FBI in Hawaii had received a tip that he had illegal weapons. The acting director said that they were unable to confirm that and no action was taken. They did turn the information over to local authorities.

The acting director in other remarks was basically begging Congress to give them more assets. According to him his agents are "redlined".