Thread: I'm such a lucky guy!

I'm such a lucky guy!

I had expected that by virtue of my "independent" voter registration I would avoid the historical on slot of pre-election mail from my Republican friends---well--that isn't exactly working out

Thanks to a tip from the Captain I now get a daily preview of incoming mail. I'm afraid that while I would hope to be waiting with joyful anticipation to the actual delivery---I'm wondering if I could just skip it----there are far too many opportunities available to me. Just today I have incoming from the Cremation Society of PA---now that sounds exciting---a bill from State Farm, and then I have a long list of offers to save my soul, my country, my very life. At least one is dual purpose, just reading the envelope tells me that it is from a politically active evangelical group who is offering bible studies along with political wisdom. Both donald and kamala sent love notes which makes me feel warm and gitty

I'm left wondering if I can just chain the door closed on the mail box and opt out
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'm left wondering if I can just chain the door closed on the mail box and opt out
    You can strap a trash can to the mailbox post with a liner bag in it for handy disposal of the non-mail...That way you don't have to carry it back to the house to toss...If you have weekly trash pickup, you won't have to walk so far to empty that one...

And yes USPS Informed Delivery is a handy thing to have......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Our mail service includes an online "Heads Up" which shows pics of mail to be delivered the next day. I have no idea what the service is called, or how USPS figured out what our email address is. I'm not interested in knowing what I'll get in the mail tomorrow, yet there it is. I assume it's an attempt to "personalize" mail delivery.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Directly to the recycle trash is were most of the mail goes to. I can't think of a much more wasteful use of resources, we could probably have a measurable impact on global warming simply by barring mass mailings.

Knowing what is in the mail is helpful----it keeps me from making wasted trips to the mail box
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Directly to the recycle trash...
    Ditto.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead