Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is next level

This is next level

Man those Israelis are crafty. They found a way to somehow hack it to the phone or pagers of operatives that were problematic. Unfortunately some children were killed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I didn't know anyone still used a pager......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Man, an impactful move by Israel. I'm betting we were involved as well. The downside? Radicals (et al.) may be able to engineer a similar feat.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

There is a video in this morning's NYT of one of these devices exploding----remarkable that; one, they could do that and two, the size of the blast.

There was a time here when I think some people who carried a pager on their belt did so with pride---it was seen as a sign of importance. I bet there aren't many of those Hezbollah boys in Lebanon asking the boss for one now

Added in edit: I now read that this was not the battery blowing up (as I wrongly assumed). The Israelis somehow inserted themselves into the supply chain and placed small charges inside the case prior to them being delivered to Hezbollah.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; Yesterday at 07:43 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Round 2. This time exploding walkie talkies
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/p...lah-rcna171637
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Makes me think that if I were one of that bunch I would be getting rid of all my "technology devices"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Kind of hard to use 2 tin cans in this day and age.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Hezbollah says they'll retaliate - which they were already doing. Hence, more of the same violence we've seen since 1948.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Hence, more of the same violence we've seen since 1948.

Hunter
    Longer than that...Those stupid people in that part of the world have been hating each other for centuries - and not one of them has a clear answer as to why......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think it could have something to do with who has the real God.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This is supposedly from today when the walkie talkies started blowing up

https://x.com/rawsalerts/status/1836...aIS__XN0g&s=19

Yeah, hate it when my walkie blows up - ruining my haircut along with my ear gauge. All I was doing was trying to kill Israelis. No one appreciates it.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, hate it when my walkie blows up - ruining my haircut along with my ear gauge. All I was doing was trying to kill Israelis. No one appreciates it.

Hunter
    its such a fun place. I remember hitting the bunker as Katushka rockets rained down from Lebanon, just missed getting blown up by a car bomb in the west bank town of Afula. Having the front of the bus I was on hit a land mine and almost go over a cliff near Ramallah with the right front side cracked open. They were such fun loving folk
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Interesting. Looking at the rockets, it appears they were originally made in Voronezh Russia during WWII. I'm thinking we need to hear more about your experiences in the Mid-East war zone in the future.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Longer than that...Those stupid people in that part of the world have been hating each other for centuries - and not one of them has a clear answer as to why......Ben
    Ben I remember when the Army (69-71) started hiring people to do the mess jobs, washing pot and pans, dishes and cleaning the mess hall. Happened during the last few months I was in Germany. I don't recall who did the hiring but a few were from Turkey and the others from Greece. I was afraid of them fighting each other. I ask each why and got the same thing ongoing feud from each country.

Suppect it's the same over there.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'