Thread: Mother Russia needs you to drink less coffee

Mother Russia needs you to drink less coffee

...and work at procreation during your breaks.

What a novel idea----actually I had to deal with that "problem" on more than one occasion
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"...Russia’s demographics is not much different from those of most industrial countries."
    - Yahoo News

It would be interesting to see if Russia's ethnic minorities are outproducing other races, as they are in the USA.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

From what I just read: https://www.google.com/search?q=map+...t=gws-wiz-serp

There isn't much information about a map of total fertility rates in Russia by ethnic group, but here's some information about fertility rates in Russia:
    Overall fertility rate
    In 2023, Russia's fertility rate was 1.825 births per woman, which is a 0.05% increase from 2022. This is the lowest rate in 17 years, and a significant drop from the peak rate of 1.78 in 2015.
    Fertility rate by area
    In 2022, the fertility rate for rural areas was 1.59, which is higher than the 1.36 rate for urban areas.
    Fertility rate by religion
    The fertility rate for Muslims in Russia is 2.3, which is higher than the overall national fertility rate.
    Ethnic groups
    Russia's population is made up of many ethnic groups, including Slavs, Tatars, and Ukrainians. Roughly 80% of Russians trace their ancestry to the Slavs.

The demographics of Russia is much different than ours. We are truly a melting pot of seemingly everyone---that isn't the case in many parts of the world.

From what little I could learn the Tatars have a birth rate much higher than Slavic Russians.

Also there is some interesting information here: https://www.quora.com/Russias-fertil...-be-a-minority
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A handful of commenters participating in the population/reproduction reviews seemed educated and knowledgeable. A good find, Dave.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead