Thread: Makin money

Thumbs up Makin money

Yes sir---I just went through the mail from last week

Now keep in mind PA is a swing state---so we not only have a presidential election we have a senatorial election---and we be a swingin state

That means that in the bag full of mail there wasn't much not related to the hot dogs lookin for jobs----however, one such piece did show up and catch my eye. It said it was from some veterans group. Now I haven't a clue what they were sellin----but they did pull me in with a little round window on the front of the envelope. Inside that window was what looked like a nickel---a genuine real nickel

Now I already knew I had no interest in anything they might say---but that nickel was just more than a cheap ass like me could ignore---I got out my trusty pocket knife and sliced the window open----and yup---that right there was a nickel---a genuine real nickel

As for the left over nickel transporter---I throwed it in the trash---unopened---with a little "thank ya" as I did
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

About 4 years ago there were several mailings I received from charitable groups that contained, with pleas for assistance, a crisp new dollar bill. I don't recall what the groups needing assistance were but do know they stopped sending me cash. I'm betting they did not receive the monetary responses they wanted. Like me, other people likely pocketed the cash and went on with their lives.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Foolish people
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I've found that cash recognizes no national borders, nor political, racial or religious boundaries...Just bring me da loot!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I like being in the company of fellow Capitalists. It's become what our Founding Fathers envisioned.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead