Thread: The "Hand Cannon" Reality

The "Hand Cannon" Reality

Literally, a modern one (vs old Chinese weapon).

https://americanguncraft.com/product...-finish-grips/

Probable use, home defense. Stick with our (Wifey's and mine) 9mms (Sig & Glock) or go big? Not a tease or a hit. I seriously want to know.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I've seen them...They make for quite an intimidation show...I'll stay with my slightly older repeater for everyday carry......Ben

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	286-1922.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	40427  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	286-1 Redacted.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	540.9 KB 
ID:	40428  

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Interesting novelty but I wouldn't spend that much to have one

My one remaining pistol is a .22, not an elephant killer but enough to put a hurt on a close in target.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

So, Bens's revolver was cut from a 6" barrel to what appears to be an inch. Probably makes it much easier to carry.

My first LEO weapon was a 5 shot .38 snub nose revolver. It was issued to my predecessor, a rather small female who was my boss at the time. Speed loading it on the range took a lot of practice to obtain a qualifying score. And, beyond 20', the accuracy sucked. When I first wore it probationers and parolees would snicker and say, "The Agent you replaced had a huge gun." Due to the small size of the .38, it was extraordinarily easy to open carry or conceal. After about a month the Department issued me a "Lady Smith" 9mm at my request. It made qualification a breeze. For the 2002 Winter Olympics I bought a Sig 9mm personalized with my Department's seal & motto: "Honor, Integrity, Accountability."

It's nice you've received your weapon's history from S&W, Ben.

Precipitating factors of a defensive weapon change: Eleven months ago, Wifey and I bought a new house in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Valley City. It was the model home of a new subdivision. Though brand new, and never lived in, we decided to make extensive changes to it, which are now completed. We also hired a consultant to fully furnish it - all of our old furniture goes to family members.

The important part: We've lived in our old home for 38 years, though we also had a large condo on the Las Vegas Strip. We've inherited several houses as family members passed away. We've been rehabbing and selling all of them. The new home will be our only one, once we move into it.

My wife and I had, what we consider, excellent careers in Law Enforcement. We do not think we are in danger from ex Probationers, Parolees, or Inmates. Yet, are we safe if a person from the aforementioned group is mentally ill or vindictive? I don't worry about myself. I've died twice in my life and was brought back to life both times. It wasn't that bad to go through. It was devasting to Wifey, though. That's who I'm worried about. If anything happens to her, I would be the devastated one.

Hunter
    Last edited by UTAH; Today at 10:17 AM.
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    It's nice you've received your weapon's history from S&W, Ben.

Hunter
    Thanks, Hunter, I didn't intend to hijack your thread's attention away from your latest nightstand companion......

And my carry piece doesn't actually have a cut barrel as our imminent S&W historian, Don Mundell, hints...It was actually intended as a replacement barrel for a post-WWII 2" revolver, but it got redirected to revive the life of my old timer......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Oh, I get it. Nice.

Hunter