Thread: Some poor sucker will have to pay for this

Some poor sucker will have to pay for this

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Screen doors and submarines have been previously proven to be mutually incompatible......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm betting the Chinese leadership used the Russian high-rise solution regarding the person responsible for the sub.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Could it be an inside job????
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

At the risk of another jealous attack I will tell a story.

This was told to me by a friend---I cannot warrant the truth other than I believed it when he told me this tale.

He had been a submariner and this happened to his sub which was docked in Florida. Joe can speak to this much better than me---but this was a "port call"---kind of like they do every year to NYC . Most of the crew was off enjoying the town and hoping for a little luck with the local gals. It was summer---and warm. This was prenuclear, 100% diesel powered. They had an engine running to charge the batteries and also provide some ventilation by pulling air for the engine from the interior of the sub. By some awkward turn of fate the few crew onboard were all out on the dock enjoying the day. A very junior member of the crew came out (he was the only one remaining inside) and thoughtfully closed the hatch behind him. By the time anyone knew what had happened the hatch was pulled down tight.

The engine continued to run, with increasingly black exhaust until the vacuum choked it completely.

When they finally got back in it was a literal mess---virtually every can had blown up---from shaving cream to red beets.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis