Thread: Not to worry---we are safe!

Not to worry---we are safe!

My wife is very close to one of her cousins who lives in Fl. The night before the storm was due she called her to ask if they were going to leave their barrier island home---and got the usual no, despite an evacuation order---we will be fine

They live in a house on high piers with an elevator from the ground floor garage to the house above. They have a generator, also on piers next to the house.

Long story short---they are now in need of a new car, it was parked down stairs, floating in 4 feet of salt water
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Understandable. I'd want to stay too - yet doing so endangers First Responders attempting to do their jobs.

An aside: After these events occur with vehicles, some of them will resurface at used car lots. They can have extensive hidden water damage, making them a PITA & costly to repair.

Interestingly, Florida police are giving advice to those who don’t evacuate - using a permanent marker, write your name on a few body parts so we can identify you when you are dead.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead