Thread: Not to be a jerk here but shouldn't hurricanes be a state problem?

Not to be a jerk here but shouldn't hurricanes be a state problem?

Noticed Biden issues releif to FLA and others parts of that will need relief almost immediately, unlike some withholding from another guy when a hurricane hit NJ, and NY areas.

Maybe we should just make it a state problem and let the states decide how they want to "fix" these events.

About a goofy as telling women they don't count when they want to decide about their body.

Just saying.....
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    IMHO.. two reasons..

First.. underneath the politics and saying the wrong names (some caused by shuddering) .. I think Biden is a good person (he stuck by his “foul” up son longer than he should have).. and as a good person he believes that he must help people in these situations..

Second.. different type of politics (Like Kamala going for the handshake).. the aid is going to be given eventually so by announcing the aid early Biden puts DeSantis on the spot (DeSantis only mentions Biden in a negative way) what is DeSantis going to say? The Biden $$$ was in old bills?

And yes, it should be a state issue.. but.. the disaster $$$ should be a loan.. next year the “loan $$$ is devided among the states and the debt repaid, like co-op insurance works..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..

I hate to say this----but---I would much prefer the aid be handled at the Federal level. While, as Ben said in another thread, mother nature is not a respecter of wealth--or much else, it can and often does deal a more harsh sentence on those of lessor means. The houses of the poor are far more subject to damage than the homes of the wealthy. I'm would not be comfortable that those in power in many of the southern states would view aid to be administered by need and not want.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis