Thread: Jeep Submarine Capabilities

Jeep Submarine Capabilities

I kid you not, my friends. Soon you'll be able to navigate rivers and other bodies of water deftly in your Jeep.

Jeep Invents Sonar-Based Water-Fording Technology: https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...bd5ce13f&ei=25

You will, "...be able to detect the presence of sharp rocks, deep ruts, and other potentially unseen hazards that lurk within the murky waters..."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Lots of strange off road tech coming around. My new F250 has the Tremor package with Crawl mode ..... I doubt that will get much use. I already know how to crawl

Yeah, looking at it online I can see where an off roader would want the Tremor package. In particular, the limited-slip front diff, skid plates, rock slider side steps, and locking rear diff.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I already know how to crawl
    I'm sure Nurse Paula saw to that aspect of your education......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, looking at it online I can see where an off roader would want the Tremor package. In particular, the limited-slip front diff, skid plates, rock slider side steps, and locking rear diff.

Hunter
    No rock slider steps here. I went with the Auto fold steps. They look much better, function much better (tremor steps are way to high to even bother with) but they would be toast if I sat the beast down on a rocker panel / frame. So I won't...

Stone steps are one of the toughest things to climb without damaging a vehicle. They'll also eat your clutch. It's one of the few times an auto trans is superior. When I spec'd my Jeep build, I went with the Ram truck HD auto trans. Both of my Diesel Jeeps had 'em.

I like it, Bo. We all have specific vehicle needs and can readily obtain them.

Hunter