Thread: Bonjour monsieur Kirk

Bonjour monsieur Kirk

Pity any ships in the way:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	40431
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm glad it made the turn it did, but I pity those in its path......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It would seem that no ship should be caught in one of these storms for any reason other than poor judgement.

A good friend of mine went through a typhon on a troop ship bound for Korea about 60 years ago. I suspect they had far less warning of what lay ahead for them. He said the storm lasted for about 24 hours! Of the 5000 troops on board he thinks 4000 were sea sick
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wifey and I have been on approximately 45 ships. Only one was what I'd call nauseous.

We were on a ferry from Britan to the mainland in some kind of storm. It was bad enough that you couldn't stand and walk. At one point, most everyone was throwing up around us. Neither of us get seasick, but with all the regurgitated stomach contents nearby and their smell, we had a tough time not being sick too.

Oh, and good riddance Kirk. When I saw the thread title I thought, "Crap, William Shatner died." Good to know he did not.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead