Thread: Good News

Good News

This from one of my news aggregators:

One Big Headline

US Hiring Jumps
    US employers added 254,000 nonfarm jobs in September—the highest jobs growth in six months. The figure is up from the upwardly revised 159,000 jobs in August and better than the 150,000 jobs economists had expected, according to government data released yesterday.

The unemployment rate in September ticked down to 4.1% from 4.2% in the previous month. Most of the jobs were added in food services and drink establishments (69,000), healthcare (45,000), government (31,000), and social assistance (27,000). Average hourly earnings in September rose 0.4% month-over-month and 4% year-over-year, both higher than economist estimates of 0.3% and 3.8%, respectively. See all data here.

Analysts suggest the data likely rule out another half-percentage-point interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve at its upcoming November meeting. However, a quarter-percentage drop is still expected, at least twice, before the end of this year. Last month, the Fed reduced its benchmark federal funds rate (see overview) to a range of 4.75% to 5%, marking its first rate cut since March 2020.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hmmm... normally, I'd be right beside you, Dave. We'd revel in the fact every economic report shows we've had strong jobs growth and another stock market record high. But, some orange-colored dude on TV was saying we are, “...a failing nation” facing "‘...the end of our country."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Hmmm... normally, I'd be right beside you, Dave. We'd revel in the fact every economic report shows we've had strong jobs growth and another stock market record high. But, some orange-colored dude on TV was saying we are, “...a failing nation” facing "‘...the end of our country."

Hunter
    I know, but that orange colored dude lies like hell and I take the safe route with him----if it is coming out of his mouth it's just another lie

On a more serious note: I find it sad that so many of the cult cannot see through the gloom and doom picture that trump paints----despite the economic facts
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis