Thread: I have a confession to make---I've become an addict

I have a confession to make---I've become an addict

----I'm addicted to videos of homeless puppies, with a kitten mixed in here and there

I watch one or two videos a day---and have to force myself to stop at that level for fear of overdosing I'm not sure that there is a drug to reverse an overdose of this kind.

I find it fascinating watching the change in demeanor of these poor souls. These are animals that are strays (might have been born into that state) and abandoned (dumped). When approached by a rescue human they can react with aggression or simple submissiveness. Universally, they show fear to various degrees.

YouTube is full of such videos. My most watched is in Bulgeria, but many are in asia as well.

The transformation of the puppies over even a few days is remarkable. There is something inbred into dogs that causes them to seek human contact and affection. That transformation is heartwarming to watch. Even the most shy seem unable to hold their tails still for long when touched by a human hand.

I guess there are worse things to be addictd to
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wifey and I are the same way with the kitty vids. The classic for me is the cat on the Roomba from several years ago.

She just returned from working at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab Utah for a week. Her friends do it with her every year. How she manages to do that and NOT come home with an animal is beyond me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead