Thread: I did my civil duty for dinner

I did my civil duty for dinner

I had the invasive blue catfish from the Chesapeake Bay

They are just now coming to market in this area. This is another one of those "man screwed it up" stories where this species was introduced along the east coast and now it turns out they are hungry---and eating all the good stuff

So, they are trying to establish a commercial fishery for them in the hopes that will help control the spread.

I baked it and that is about the best way to actually taste a fish and it was OK---not great but OK. I'd rate it about even with flounder.

If I make it again I will make it differently---to foster more flavor---I'm thinking fried in brown butter.

I paired the catfish with creamed spinach
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Interesting. I had not heard of that fish before. The size of the one in the photo shown is impressive.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Interesting. I had not heard of that fish before. The size of the one in the photo shown is impressive.

Hunter
    It is and that means it ate a lot of little crabs to get that big----I'd prefer to eat the crabs
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis