Thread: Back up my friends----these Texans ain't nutin to mess with

Back up my friends----these Texans ain't nutin to mess with

From Fox News

A new survey shows just how many Texans believe they could hold their own in a fight against a wild animal.

The Action Network talked to hundreds of MMA fans, including dozens in Texas, about animals they thought they could beat in a fight to the death.

In Texas, 5.6% of respondents said they thought they could beat up a bear and 4.5% thought they would get the best of an alligator.

Of the 15 animals in the poll, the Texans felt the worst about their chances against an elk, with only 2.3% believing they could win.

55.4% of Texans felt most confident about their ability to get the best of a cat, the highest number on the list.

19.2% didn't believe they would have the upper hand against any of the 15 animals on the list.

Percentage of Texans Who Think They Could Beat These Animals in a Fight
    Cat - 55.4%

Sheep - 35%

Dog - 32.8%

Possum - 25.4%

Raccoon - 24.9%

Crane - 16.9%

Eagle - 14.7%

Coyote - 14.7%

Antelope - 10.2%

Kangaroo - 9.6%

Bear - 5.6%

Manatee - 4.5%

Alligator 4.5%

Moose 4.5%

Elk 2.3%
    Now that tight there is hold my beer time
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Possum at 25.4%? I don't get it. Do possums have some kind of fighting talent I don't know about?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

They would probably say back to you those folks in Pennsylvania could step in horse**** and fall out. That is except for the Amish.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Possum at 25.4%? I don't get it. Do possums have some kind of fighting talent I don't know about?

Hunter
    Possums could compete well for the title of God's dumbest animal.

The very fact that they are on such a list is strange.

On the other hand a raccoon at 24.9% demonstrates a lack of reality on that score Been there, done that, came out alive but scared
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    They would probably say back to you those folks in Pennsylvania could step in horse**** and fall out. That is except for the Amish.
    Possibly in the cold light of day you could translate that for the rest of us.