Thread: Movin on

Movin on

I am now fully cleared for knee replacement on Monday followed by a stint in rehab (my wife knows how to work the system). Knee replacement surgery is now considered to be an outpatient procedure and they send you home the same day.

Also, today I have formally notified the township that I wish not to be reappointed in 2025 to the Board of Building Code Appeals (after 12 years) and the Board of the Water and Sewar Authority (10 years).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It still amazes me we can do what is now a standardized procedure. May yours go well, Dave.

One of my sisters had a hip joint replaced this week - which will take about a month to properly heal. During that time, she's not allowed to drive, but will be able to walk much better in the future.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My wife, who has had both knees and both hips replaced claims the knees were a more painful recovery than her hips.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Good luck
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's interesting to see how these bone/tendon replacements go. Some people can have difficulties adjusting to them. My mom, for example, went through a shoulder joint surgery. The recovery was tough, she opted to not go through the same procedure again.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Hardest thing I had to do was quit thinking that the new knee was going to fail. Once over that fear it was relearning and building up strength to lift up the leg and bend it. been 6 years ago and it's second nature to use again, though I do use a walking stick for balance.

Side note: if they shorten it by 6 inches I could get into sport cars. But not many for 6'5" guys out there.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I had my last preop event today with the surgeons NP and asked (thinking not a chance) if I could get a shot in my other knee---and she said----sure

So---my left knee is now pain free That should also help my rehab since I won't be dealing with two hobbled knees.

I'm good to go

Best wishes, Dave.......
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Thank you sir!

My goal is to regain enough mobility to go to Antarctica and participate in all the excursions.

Man, Antartica? That's one hell of a goal, my friend. I may think I've been everywhere - but that one is way over the top. Kudos.

We'll look forward to your reports when you visit there.

Hunter

There is a lot of work left to do before we make a buy! This is one that we just looked at. Aspects were good (small ship) but accommodations are just a bit spartan and we agree that spartan isn't in us any longer! Viking remains the No 1 pick at this point. It is a good mix of size, exploitation and pampering.

There was a time, after going to Prudhoe Bay and crossing the Artic Circle, that I wanted to drive to Tierra del Fuego but after due diligence I had to scrap that thought. The lawlessness that prevails in Central America rendered that thought far too risky.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; Today at 08:09 AM.