Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movin on

Thanks Joe and I'm happy for you and your results.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Just posting this for Dave's recovery. Hard part for me was getting out of bed the first time. They had me up and "walking around" with a walker with in hours of the operation. Spent a few rough goes at that and then the stairs. Three steps up across and then down.

Less than a week after cut the drug down to half. Then only when I went to therapy I would take one. Your results may vary. Good luck with the healing.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Thanks Fred---I'm looking forward to better living through chemistry
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I've had both knees done, left in 2011, right in 2016, same doctor did both but by the time the second was done he had achieved some fame and had his own clinic. Turns out he was just supervising while his physician assistants did the actual surgery. They did 12 surgeries every Tuesday and Thursday before noon, they started around 4:00 in the morning. No way one doc could have done that! Everyone went home the next day, it was a factory and I was a product on an assembly line. I didn't know it was that way until it was to late.
    Something went wrong with the right knee a few years later and it's never been right. When I walk the dog I have to stop and rest on my cane every 50 yards or so. By the end of the day the pain is almost unbearable. Last month I had the nerves in that knee ablated, that helped for a week or so but now the pain is back if I spend any time on it. I'll see the pain doc in a few weeks to discuss it but I don't have much faith that any thing can be done. At 91 years I'm not about to undergo another surgery so it's just what it is from now on.

I certainly hope this is a rare occurrence and your surgery is the same as 98% of total knee replacements. Everyone else I know who have had this surgery say it was the best thing they did and all are happy, many of those had the same doc that did mine.

PS, ask your doc about Lyrica for pain, it really helped me the first time. It's not an opioid.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Good to see you, you have been missed. They were unable to give me a spinal, they could not get the needle in. Moving isn't a good thing

Thanks for sharing 👍

It's always good to see old friends around, Dave......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Without a doubt my friend

pretty groovy to see fd around
    it's time to change the air in my head

Wow! It's so good to have FD around.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Okay, I'm up and walking, now sitting in a chair waiting for breakfast.

So far so good. I did not get a spinal, my back is full of stenosis and they couldn't get the needle in.

I have not urinated on my own but they are sending me to the rehab today.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Congratulations.. you are already doing better than me.. they overdosed me on oxy my first overnight.. I couldn’t drink coffee without help, I forgot what I was doing while the cup was between the table and my mouth..

So.. they have me up on my feet hours after surgery (before OD).. afternoon #2 I have an introduction to rehab class.. I use a walker and hobble down the hall to the meeting.. also attending is another patient who had surgery just after me.. she is max five feet tall.. needs rocks in her pockets to hit 100 lb.. retired Army Colonel .. she is acting like nothing had happened the day before and didn’t use a cane or walker to get around, now I’m really depressed..

Like FD.. mine just didn’t go right.. but it is better than my organic knee..

Good luck.. toggle the TV between news and sponge bob while eating graham crackers and ginger ale all day..