Unhappy I wish I were more excited

I wish I was more excited!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	40468

It's more who I voted against than who I voted for

BTW---there was only one poll watcher at the drop box location, which is outside the office in a County Park. I did not engage him so I cannot say who he was "watching" for.

In the past, there have been multiple "intimidators".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That's similar to our mail-in vote tracking process here. It's odd some politicians are against it - particularly since there've not been problems with it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I voted today and it was a vote against a felon
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I wish I was more excited!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	40468

It's more who I voted against than who I voted for

BTW---there was only one poll watcher at the drop box location, which is outside the office in a County Park. I did not engage him so I cannot say who he was "watching" for.

In the past, there have been multiple "intimidators".
    According to your emoji posted earlier you were very excited about voting. Has something changed
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I voted today and it was a vote against a felon
    Your vote counts as much as anybody's. Live with the results.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The bad news is good people like Mike have decided not to vote. I would urge them to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    According to your emoji posted earlier you were very excited about voting. Has something changed
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I respectively ask that if you are going to comment on any of my posts, that you at very least read them first---that often has not been the case and has resulted in more than one conflict. My use of emojis might convey a different message to you than is my intent. Words are a more dependable source of true intent.

As for your question---nothing has changed. We are strapped with two slugs, one far more dangerous than the other.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Now, now..

After years of study .. I have formed the opinion that each of us here can read the same article/post and interpret is differently.. Also of the opinion that present company is a bunch of geezers and major change is not probable .. thirdly.. every now and again the “misinformed “ actually bring an interesting fact to the attention of the previously “well informed”

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..

FYI.. this afternoons group sing of Kum Ba Yah has been postponed until next Sunday..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    ..present company is a bunch of geezers...
    I'd complain, but he's right.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I respectively ask that if you are going to comment on any of my posts, that you at very least read them first---that often has not been the case and has resulted in more than one conflict. My use of emojis might convey a different message to you than is my intent. Words are a more dependable source of true intent.

As for your question---nothing has changed. We are strapped with two slugs, one far more dangerous than the other.
    This is the post I was referencing. I apologize. I just took it that you were very excited.

http://www.crackerbarrelphilosophers...ew-minutes-ago

Thank you but I was not excited about the Presidential candidates---I was and am excited about early voting and the excellent way that PA handles every aspect of the process. It is done very professionally and documented every step of the way (as shown).

While we did have a few other offices to vote on there was limited excitement there as well. The next highest office is for the Senate---another contest of slugs. The main excitement will come the day after and we no longer will be subjected to this endless drone of he said she said.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We have discussed presidential candidates..

Here our GOP senate and house candidates haven’t shown up.. nothing in the mailbox.. nothing on TV.. don’t even know who the house candidate is..

But locally.. gone to hell in a hand basket.. the GOP is a bunch of ultra right crazies led by their snake oil salesman (Younkin).. now the Dems have an ultra left ticket that is equally as crazy as the GOP.. but there are a few independents who actually make sense..

Off to early vote Tuesday..

The best negative ad was a year or two ago in North Carolina.. “she released a pedophile from jail” was the accusation.. research showed that she did release a person who was appealing his conviction as a pedophile, SCOTUS overturned the conviction so…. Guy wasn’t a pedophile and “she” was right to release him.. oh.. negative ads..

I guess I feel forunate so far very little junk mail has shown up. A few for the school upkeep and county road maintain our roads.

Now tv is a different thing. A few slip by if we can't fast forward in some cases. Is it over yet?

BTW Dave are going going to miss out on Musk's lotto (bribe) thing?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'