Thread: 'Why aren't people more alarmed?'

'Why aren't people more alarmed?'

As Trump becomes more extreme, Americans get used to it.

There is a video there that I found sadly interesting. The premise here, of how trump can attract voters is something that has been playing in my mind. The problem is not trump---the problem is that so many voters do not see trump as a threat to our very existence as a nation. trump's sickness has become main street popular What has allowed trump, a mad man, to draw in 50% of the nations voters? What is it that so many seem to identify with in trump?

This is a man that we should jointly be running from and yet so many of our friends and neighbors don their MAGA hats and fawn at his very word These are not all fundamentally flawed people. I am sure that some see their own dreams and aspirations being lived out vicariously through trump---but he isn't who they think he is. As a "person" trump is a profound failure.

I believe trump will, in the end, receive his just sentence but that might be too late for our country.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As a Democracy, our voters will choose the next administration. I'm thinking that, come election day, our people will pleasantly surprise you.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Well----in the end, independent of who walks into the Oval Office the American people are the losers. We have two unworthy candidates for one office---you can't make that into a win for America.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Not sure if there isn't a group of people Trump hasn't insulted includeing MAGA types. Not sure if that's the right way to get out the vote.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

The outcome of this election will be greatly impacted by the people the next President puts into key leadership positions. If that President appoints people for their political stances rather than for their skills, government actions stand a good chance of being polluted.

We need a President who will appoint the best qualified individuals, not just the politically connected ones. One that comes to mind was the appointment/retention of Jon Huntsman Jr. as our ambassador to Russian and China.

I worked under the gubernatorial administrations of: Matheson, Bangerter, Leavitt, Walker, Huntsman, Herbert, and Cox. Jon Huntsman Jr. was my favorite governor. He was knowledgeable, intelligent, personable, kind and effective. If I were to use one line to describe him it would be, "A hell of an interesting and nice guy." Additionally, he's the only one of them that I saw perform lead guitar in a rock band and ride his Harley with bikers.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Was hoping Huntsman was running in 2016, but that didn't happen.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

YoDave , Since we are talking voting here. I have seen several articles about the Amish reregistering to vote . The inference is that the votes will be for Trump . Have you seen or heard anything along those lines ?.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .