Thread: And to top off the week from hell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And to top off the week from hell

.....herrrrrrre comes Michael. .....with tapes. ...oh my
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Can't wait to hear them, bet we gottom now, impeach very soon.

How is this not a violation of attorney/client confidentiality?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Oh, Oh he has a tape [ or maybe not ] that hints that Trump paid money to a playmate. Or thats what I've heard. Please tell me just what that has to do with his Presidency ?. And what business is it of anyone other than he and his wife ?.

I for one don't give a big rats ass if he wasn't faithful. It's NONE OF MY business .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Oh, Oh he has a tape [ or maybe not ] that hints that Trump paid money to a playmate. Or thats what I've heard. Please tell me just what that has to do with his Presidency ?. And what business is it of anyone other than he and his wife ?.

I for one don't give a big rats ass if he wasn't faithful. It's NONE OF MY business .
    Agreed....
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

He never had sexual relations with that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I assume it wasn't functioning as legal counsel?

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It is exempt from such privilege if the conversation lead to criminal conduct--as an example, fraudulent use of funds.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This just in from the White House:

Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    It is exempt from such privilege if the conversation lead to criminal conduct--as an example, fraudulent use of funds.
    In general what you said is an inaccurate representation of the current state of the law. The attorney-client privilege is quite complex and I'm not going to take 3 hours here to go through 100 Years of Juris prudence. Suffice it to say if there is no imminent fear of violence or danger to another individual an attorney shall not ever share information with anyone that they gained through discussions with their client. Now if the client is determined to lie before a Tribunal the lawyer must caution the client that they shall not lie and that if they do lie that the attorney will immediately withdraw. If the client is still determined to tell a falsehood to a court of law then the attorney must notify the court that they can no longer represent their client but may never still reveal the fact that their client was going to lie. So in these instances attorneys are put in a very bad position. The bottom line is the two main exceptions are if the attorney believes violence or injury could occur based on conversations that occurred during an attorney client session or if the attorney believes that the client is going to lie to a Tribunal. Now as I said in the beginning that is the general law and I wouldn't dare to try to say I know anything about some weird statute or professional responsibility rule in New York or Connecticut or California or Flat Rock Arkansas. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.